The owners of Digital Pix are part of a family that has been providing composite and portrait services to the Greek and professional school communities since the mid-1960s. Current owner, Janis E. Bohner held the position of CEO/CFO of Custom Composites, Inc., inventor of the raised plastic plaques. Digital Pix swiftly embraced the new digital advancements, deciding that nothing short of a totally new business enterprise would allow composite customers to take advantage of benefits from state of the art digital equipment and software.
It was under her leadership that new entrepreneurs poured a huge influx of investment capital into the new startup to accommodate the shift in consumer needs and to bring in time-saving and product-enhancing technology.
Digital Pix has been able to build upon its core philosophy that, without exception, only excellence is acceptable. We never forget that ‘our reputation hangs on your wall.’ Our investment in the future allows us to provide all customers with a continually expanding range of new features and products in both our composite and portrait lines. And recently, Digital Pix has added an online retail store, broadening the range of products available to its customers.
As the computer industry has continued to evolve, so too has the production process of Digital Pix! Our proprietary data and image capture software allows our photographers to gather the information needed to create a complete composite - all on the day of photography! And we are also well poised to move our manufacturing processes to the next level as new technology emerges.
As our family has moved Digital Pix into the 21st century, we have embraced technological changes to enhance our tradition of excellence. At the same time, we have continued our tradition of caring, on a personal level, about our customers and the quality of the products that we present to them.
What Makes Us Different?
- We’re Experienced! Every year, we photograph more than 90,000 students and faculty from colleges and universities across the United States. We are the only composite company that encourages complete participation of all of your members on your composite. After all… you would be missing some memories if you are missing some members! Click here to see a listing of campuses and organizations that we photograph.
- We’re the Easiest! Our Roster Maintenance Program saves our customers a great deal of time and work. At the beginning of the season, we provide you with last year’s roster in electronic form in either a comma delimited or excel spreadsheet format. You merely add new members and/or pledges, and change any data that has changed over the summer. The process couldn’t be easier. We just made a terrible chore easy and we have saved you a lot of time and effort. We use this roster information to construct your composite. Using the master roster at Digital Pix saves your work, time and makes a lot of sense. Why do twice the work if you don’t have to?
- We Do It All In-house! Digital Pix produces everything from custom wood frames to its professional formal studio portraits, all at one location. As a result, Digital Pix can maintain uncompromising quality while controlling the cost and time it takes from photo session to delivery of your composite to your door. Our dedicated craftsmen and craftswomen control the manufacturing process from start to finish, making the quality of your composite a personal priority.
- We Have The Most Variety! We offer the widest range of composite construction options available. We are the only composite company to offer traditional hand crafted raised plaques while at the same time, offering leading edge digital design options. Go to our composite builder and experience the virtually limitless design options available.
- We Only Use Professional Photographers! We use only trained professional photographers to capture your images. We would never trust this responsibility to amateurs or students on campus. We secure background checks and require accreditation from our photographers. Your safety and satisfaction is our top priority.
- We’re Available for You Online And Over The Phone! The cornerstone of our success is our dedication to customer service. We boast the best customer service record in the industry! Our unique personal customer service program guarantees that our customers receive assistance from the moment that the process begins. From scheduling your photo shoot to delivery of the finished products, our goal is to make the whole process both convenient and easy for you.
- We’re The Fastest! We provide the shortest possible delivery time. The ease and efficiency of our system allows our customers to have control over delivery. Click here to learn more about the composite process.
- Our onsite data collection system allows us to gather all necessary data (images and personal data) on the day of photography.
- Our account representatives immediately check that data and checks it for accuracy.
- As soon as the data is verified and accurate, our professional lay-up staff creates your composite!
- You approve the composite proof and production begins immediately.